Sunday, February 28, 2010
Enjoy 20% off of all purchases this week at www.illusionsbeauty.com. If you don't have access to the internet, don't worry, call us at 866-436-6409. We would love to take your order over the phone as well.
* This Beauty Deal is valid Monday, March 1 - Saturday, March 6, 2010.
"Beauty is an inner kindness that shows itself on the outside." - Wendy of Mixed Chicks
"Beauty is a confidence that comes from knowing who you are." - Kim Etheredge of Mixed Chicks
" Beauty is being comfortable with who you are in your own unique skin". - Tia Dantzler, Makeup Artist
"Beauty is someone charming and confident and has an aura that lights up a room." Blackbarbie88 (from Twitter)
"Beauty is the ability to transform yourself into something greater than what you thought was possible." - Lakish Campbell of Blaq Vixen Beauty
Monday, February 22, 2010
As Makeup Artists and Estheticians, we at Illusions Beauty look forward to hearing your questions and comments. If you have any questions, or need any beauty advice, please do not hesitate to ask. Please take advantage of our experience. You may email your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Beauty Tips, follow us on TWITTER
*This Beauty Deal is valid from Monday, February 22 - Saturday, February 27, 2010
For more Beauty Deals and Tips, follow us on TWITTER.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Foundation Cleared Up
By Denise Tunnell
Detailed below is an article that was recently included in the Illusions Cosmetics Newsletter.
When choosing makeup products, some are often confused about which foundation product to use. Hopefully the following glossary of foundation terms will help to clear things up.
1) Tinted Moisturizer - A light textured moisturizer with a hint of color. It's intent is to add moisture to the skin while providing it with very light coverage. It is great for any skin type. It can be applied with a sponge or with your fingers as you would normally apply moisturizer.
2) Liquid - A liquid base formula used to apply coverage to the face. It gives a light to medium coverage. Based on the formula of the liquid foundation (oil free or moisturizing) it can be used on all skin types. It may be applied with your fingers, a sponge, or a foundation brush.
3) Cream - A cream based formula used to provide a full coverage to the skin. It is mainly suited for people with dryer skin types or those needing extra coverage. Its best applied with a sponge or foundation brush.
4) Stick - A stick foundation is a cream based formula in a stick packaging. Your personal foundation may be swiped onto the face directly from the stick. Maybe used on all skin types depending on the formula.
5) Cream to Powder - A cream based formula that transforms into a velvety powder finish when it makes contact with the skin. Most formulas are buildable and gives a light to full coverage.
Monday, February 15, 2010
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter, Facebook,and Myspace.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Date / Time: 2/11/2010 9:00 PM
Call-in Number: (914) 803-4399
Join Illusions Cosmetics as we chat on Beauty Talk with Risi-Leanne Baranja of Palacinka Beauty blog. We will discuss how and why Risi started her blog as well as how the beauty industry has changed since she started blogging. And of course as always, we will get a beauty tip or two in there. So, please join us at 9pm on Thursday night.