Monday, March 16, 2015
Are you interested in doing nails for Editorial shoots? Do you want to learn how to get the agent that gets you the Editorial Manicuring jobs? Look no further. If you live in the New York area or can get there, manicurist Angel Williams is teaching a class called 'Editorial Manicuring; From Behind The Table to Behind The Scenes' at M Wild's Studio in New York City on May 17, 2015. For more info, email Angel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Note to self .....Makeup doesn't last forever!!! How many of us have 'junk drawers' and or makeup bags full of makeup? Old Makeup? I think it is safe to say that most makeup wearers have a collection of makeup that they have been holding onto for awhile. After continuous use of makeup products and keeping them around too long, products may carry harmful levels of bacteria. It's this bacteria that causes unwanted breakout. Listed below is a list of makeup items and their suggested expiration dates.
1) Lipstick, lipgloss, lip pencils -18 months - 2 years
2) Eyeshadow, pencil eye liner - 2 years
3) Liquid Eye liner - 3 months
4) Mascara - 3 months
5) Blush (powder) - 2 years, (cream) 12 - 18 months
6) Foundation (cream) - 12-18 months, (oil free liquid) 12 months
This list is just a guideline. If you notice a difference in color or odor of the product, please throw away immediately. I hope this post really helps you all in cleaning out those makeup bags and 'junk drawers'.
Tuesday, February 10, 2015
Spring 2015 Bridal Beauty Tips
Bridal season is rapidly approaching. Illusions Cosmetics wants to help you create a beautiful makeup look by sharing a few Bridal makeup tips. Following these tips will help you to create makeup looks that you will treasure on your wedding day and years to come in your wedding video and photos. Your skin should be healthy and refreshed. All facial waxing (brows, lip, chin) should be done at least two weeks before the big day. Only minor cleanup should be done, if necessary, on the day of the wedding. Cheek color should be very subtle with shades of peach and pinks. Pastels and shades of caramels and browns can be used on the eyes for a soft look. Pinks, corals, reds, and wines should be used to give the lips a pop of color. Your wedding look should not look like your everyday makeup look. There should definitely be a difference in what you apply and how much you apply. Apply enough foundation to give you the proper coverage for your photos. The remaining tips are more suggestions on making your big day perfect.
1. Apply a makeup primer before applying foundation on your wedding day. The primer forms a barrier between your skin and the makeup and it helps the makeup stay on all day.
2. Avoid trendy eye shadow colors so that your makeup won't look dated in your wedding photos.
3. Get your makeup professionally applied. It makes a huge difference in your photos
4. Use water proof mascara.
5. Using a charcoal, navy or mahogany eye liner will look a lot softer than black or brown liners that often have a severe look.
6. Pale lip colors will make you look washed out with a white gown; therefore try brighter lip colors on your wedding day.
7. Avoid using eye shadows with shimmer
8. Prime the eye so that eye shadow will last all day.
9. Use foundations with a yellow undertone, they create a warm, healthy appearance in photos.
10. Avoid alcohol and certain foods, the night before your wedding. Misuse of alcohol will have you looking less than your best on your wedding day.
Friday, February 06, 2015
Check out our very own Denise Tunnell in the March/April 2015 issue of Sophisticates Black Hair Magazine. Denise, along with six other makeup artist gives readers a Makeup Forecast for 2015. See pages 104-105 of the magazine.
Monday, January 12, 2015
Last night film and television stars attended the 72nd annual Golden Globe awards, held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Beauty Talk was definitely watching and taking note of all of the fashions as well as the hair and makeup looks. Check out our latest edition of Beauty Talk to hear all of the Golden Globes Red Carpet chat. Click here Beauty Talk and Red Carpet Beauty
Monday, August 04, 2014
Do you want to hear the latest news, tips, tricks and advice in the Beauty industry? Do you want to be uplifted, informed, and inspired? Join us for BeautyTalk, our online radio show every Sunday night at 9pm EST/6pm PST at Blog Talk Radio.
Saturday, April 05, 2014
Awards will be handed out to some of the world's top technicians after two days of stiff competition testing all manner of skills and artistry. Entrants will be able to test their craft in cateogories such as NailArt, Acrylic & Gel, Selfie 1 Hand Salon Art as well as 1 Hand Flat Art.
The competition is open to first time nail competitiors as well as seasoned professionals with three separate divisions. Bring the entire salon ( up to 6 people) and compete as a team and take home the trophy.
We at Beauty Talk are so happy to be a part of this and we hope that you will want to take part. To register please visit www.PHAMExpo.com. If you have questions, email PHAMEousnails@PHAMExpo.com