Tuesday, February 24, 2015
How Long Is Too Long????
Note to self .....Makeup doesn't last forever!!! How many of us have 'junk drawers' and or makeup bags full of makeup? Old Makeup? I think it is safe to say that most makeup wearers have a collection of makeup that they have been holding onto for awhile. After continuous use of makeup products and keeping them around too long, products may carry harmful levels of bacteria. It's this bacteria that causes unwanted breakout. Listed below is a list of makeup items and their suggested expiration dates.
1) Lipstick, lipgloss, lip pencils -18 months - 2 years
2) Eyeshadow, pencil eye liner - 2 years
3) Liquid Eye liner - 3 months
4) Mascara - 3 months
5) Blush (powder) - 2 years, (cream) 12 - 18 months
6) Foundation (cream) - 12-18 months, (oil free liquid) 12 months
This list is just a guideline. If you notice a difference in color or odor of the product, please throw away immediately. I hope this post really helps you all in cleaning out those makeup bags and 'junk drawers'.