Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
1) Uric acid (from sweat)
2) Dark, thick shaved hairs beneath the skin (shaved hairs are removed from the top of the follice and not beneath)
3) Certain brands of deodarants & antiperspirants
4) Buildup of dead skin cells
Tip: To lighten underarm area, wax and do not shave. Waxing will remove the entire hair from the follicle and will not leave visible hair underneath the skin. Exfoliating dead skin cells will also aid in the lightening process.
Any questions, submit them to email@example.com
Be Beautiful & Blessed!!
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Friday, April 24, 2009
I did my research and discovered you were the makeup artist on the set of 'atl.' :)
I have loooved makeup my whole life and have really enjoyed playing with colors and looks over the years. I am a true, true makeup connoiseur :)
I have a four year old now and as much as I'd love to glam up each day, I have less and less time to do my face each morning.
could you please tell me what products you used on lauren london to create her beautifully natural makeup look in the movie 'Atl' (brands and shades)? I am especially interested in knowing what you used on her lips, ie. liners and glosses, eye makeup, etc...
Thank You So Much :)
Hi Kiki! Thanks for reaching out to me. I used my products from my cosmetics line Illusions Cosmetics (www.illusionsbeauty.com). As far as base/foundation on her face, I hate to admit it, but we used Bare Minerals powder. I forget the colors. Mineral makeup is not great for film. Bare Minerals had a lot of shimmer in it. I had to use powder from my line to remove some of the shimmer (without Lauren knowing :-)). Lauren wanted to use the Bare Minerals, but that was her first movie so she didn't really know what was good for film or not. She just knew that she liked Bare Minerals and wanted to use it. Some of the colors from my line that I used were: lips- Nectar, Tropical (these colors are very sheer). Blush - pink ice, azaleaEyes - ladies night, Prissy, sunshine, peach ice (one of these colors were used on most days depending on the scenes). Some days other colors may have been used depending on her wardrobe in a particular scene. I hope this helps.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Now that summer is approaching, more women are wearing bronzers and shimmer powders. If you are going to wear them, they must be worn properly.
1) If you are going to wear foundation, apply it first before applying bronzer.
2) Apply bronzer to your brush and tap off excess.
3) Using circular motions, apply to your hairline, jawline, chin, cheeks, and the bridge of your nose.
Some brands of bronzers that I like:
Illusions Cosmetics (coming soon)
Monday, April 20, 2009
This 'Beauty Deal' is for ALL Beauty Bloggers. All purchases made on http://www.illusionsbeauty.com/ by a beauty blogger will receive 20% off of total purchases.
* Please provide us with the link to your 'beauty' blog when ordering or at email@example.com.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Bridal season is rapidly approaching. Illusions Cosmetics wants to help you create a beautiful makeup look by sharing a few Bridal makeup tips. Following these tips will help you to create makeup looks that you will treasure on your wedding day and years to come in your wedding video and photos.
1)Your skin should be healthy and refreshed.
2) All facial waxing (brows, lip, chin) should be done at least two weeks before the big day. Only minor cleanup should be done, if necessary, on the day of the wedding.
3)Cheek color should be very subtle with shades of peach and pinks.
4)Pastels and shades of caramels and browns can be used on the eyes for a soft look. Pinks, corals, reds, and wines should be used to give the lips a pop of color.
Your wedding look should not look like your everyday makeup look. There should definitely be a difference in what you apply and how much you apply. Apply enough foundation to give you the proper coverage for your photos. This look should not be the same as your ‘day’ look or your ‘evening’ look. The remaining tips are more suggestions on making your big day perfect.
1. Apply a makeup primer before applying foundation on your wedding day. The primer forms a barrier between your skin and the makeup and it helps the makeup stay on all day.
2. Avoid trendy eye shadow colors so that your makeup won't look dated in your wedding photos.
3. Get your makeup professionally applied. It makes a huge difference in your photos
4. Use water proof mascara.
5. Using a charcoal, navy or mahogany eye liner will look a lot softer than black or brown liners that often have a severe look.
6. Pale lip colors will make you look washed out with a white gown; therefore try brighter lip colors on your wedding day.
7. Avoid using eye shadows with shimmer
8. Prime the eye so that eye shadow will last all day.
9. Use foundations with a yellow undertone, they create a warm, healthy appearance in photos.
10. Avoid alcohol and certain foods, the night before your wedding. Misuse of alcohol will have you looking less than your best on your wedding day.
For more tips, stay tuned to Beauty Talk With Illusions. You can also check us out on Blog Talk Radio at www.blogtalkradio.com/illusions-cosmetics.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Monday, April 06, 2009
Always cleanse your face! Always cleanse your face with a facial cleanser.
Be Beautiful & Blessed!!
Sunday, April 05, 2009
A. In my opinion, a basic set of makeup brushes should include:
1) powder brush
2) blush brush
3) lip brush
4) eyshadow fluff brush
5) eyeshadow crease brush
6) eyebrow brush
7) eyeliner brush
These are the basic 7 brushes. If you want 10 brushes, then add a foundation brush, a kabuki brush, and some type of dual ended eyebrush. Hopefully this helps.
For more answers to your questions, send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org