Friday, April 25, 2008

Product Junkie Diva Review of Illusions Cosmetics

Friday, April 25, 2008Confessions of a Product Junkie Diva Confession-- I never wear eye shadow. I know, I know some of you are clutching your pearls or gasping at this very moment, but this is the truth, my truth. One reason why I have never worn eye shadow is because I thought it would make me look like a clown. It looks lovely on other people but I just never thought it would look good on me. This feeling was validated the day I attended a makeup party. When I was younger I went to a makeup party and I sat there as the consultant raved about my eyes and how good the eye shadow looked on me. I was excited and couldn't wait to look in the mirror. Before even seeing myself I just knew I wanted to go out that evening to show off my face, then I looked into the mirror. Upon looking at my face I was convinced of two things 1) the makeup consultant was either visually impaired or mentally insane and 2) I would never wear eye shadow again.
Janice Tunnell, celebrity makeup artist, and co-owner of Illusions Cosmetics (the other co owner is Janice's twin sister Denise Tunnell) has made me eat my words. Wednesday evening I wore eye shadow and I didn't just like it, I loved it. The shades fit me perfectly and why wouldn't they, Illusions Cosmetics is a product line specifically designed for women of color. The line can complement very light skin tones as well as darker complexions and everyone in between. I put on the shadow and my face was glowing, in that moment I understood why so many women love eye shadow and now I have found one that works for me. I should also mention that my anti makeup sister, a women who refuses to wear tinted lip gloss, saw the eye shadow and said I think I would like to wear that. Yes that is how stunning the shades are, that it was able to single handedly almost convert my sister.Pictured on the left you have Dolce Vita a brownish eye dust and Delight on the right which is a sandy brown. The eye dust was so soft I had to ask Janice if any natural ingredients were included and it turns out that many of their products include vitamin e., chamomille and other natural ingredients.
Illusions cosmetics also produces a line of lip glosses affectionately named after popular movies such as Brown Sugar, Mahogany, Dreamgirls, and Sparkle (a personal favorite) just to name a few. I tried Dreamgirl which is very close in color to the MAC Viva Glam V. The lip gloss is super light yet very shiny and it only cost $10.00. The aforementioned eye shadow which is referred to as eye dust on their website is priced at $12.00. Items can be purchased through their website http://www.illusionsbeauty.com/ or through two stores that currently sell their products.After communicating with Janice recently she informed me that new products will hit the website soon and they are revamping their site so you may want to call for more information if you are interested in the product (all information is available through their site)So now that I have had the best introduction to eye shadow please give me the low down on the eye shadows that you love.

No comments: