The New Year is here and every beauty guru and fashionista has eagerly revealed their hot new trends. Well, add us to your list…and think RED. RED. RED. Everywhere you turn, there is Red lipstick – in various shades; blue-red, orange-red, brownish red, bright red, pinkish red, you name it…RED!!! Keep in mind, however, it is okay to play some looks down with neutral lips.
Our Predictions & Trends to Try in 2009:
1. Fun and bright colors – for great glam looks
2. Dewy and matte skin with a beautiful glow, giving the appearance of little to no makeup at all
3. Filled in and very defined, soft eyebrows to create a natural look.
4. Very dramatic lashes, with extended eyeliner for some looks
5. Lipstick is back in a big way…& RED (a brown red is our suggested color)
6. Color your cheeks – subtle for those new to blush, but pop with bright colors if blush has always been “a must”
7. Try violet, green or shades of blue eyeliner to add a pop of color to a look, or to compliment a smokey eye
8. Lastly, there’s a resurgence of the classic, timeless looks of the 1940's, 50's, & 60's – Definitely work on creating a new you this New Year with the classics.
Here are a couple of combined trends that will work well together as a look for Spring 2009:
Smokey eyes w/red lips
Red lips and thick, full brows
Lip gloss or balm added to the center of red lipstick
Products to Try for the Spring by Illusions Cosmetics:
“Torch” and True Rouge” Lustre Lipstix
“Matador Red” Lipstick (shown)
“Moss” Gel Eyeliner