Monday, February 23, 2009

Alicia Key's Red Carpet Oscar Look


I asked Ashunta Sherriff, Alicia's Keys' fabulous Facebeater how she achieved Alicia's look, and

this is what she had to say:


"Hey babe here's my look and products behind Alicia's look for The Oscars.
I wanted to invoke the essence of Old Hollywood glam with Alicia Keys, my long time client. I felt after a very inspirational radio show with Janice and Denise with Illusions Beauty that women of color should embrace color sometimes and not always go with what is safe. Makeup is about having fun and enhancing your beauty. There are no rules to makeup so enjoy and have fun.
I wanted to make a separation for Alicia Keys the 12 time award winning grammy artist and Alicia Keys the emerging actress. The dress was a gorgeous Magenta Armani Prive' gown with a sultry front split. I was inspired by Veronica Lake, Lena Horne and the women in Hollywood in the 40's and early 50's so bold lips, luminous skin, strong brows and sultry eyes are all a MUST!!!
My key products for glowing radiant skin are Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Gold Capsules, and Mary Kay tinted moisturizer. Smashbox bronzer was used to sculpt her face and lightly contour. Elizabeth Ardens Smokey black pencil with Tigi Bedhead big fat fun eye pencil in purple. Cheeks were popped with Mary Kay Shy blush and I made sure her eye brows were well manicured by applying Dior Blonde Shimmer. I used Jane Iredale 24 Karat Pink Gold as a highlighter for cheek bones, the bridge of the nose and corner of her eyes. Shu Uemura Lashes were added for drama and 2 coats of Cover Girl Lash Luxe in Black Emerald were added for intensity. The final touch was a raspberry lip which I mixed several colors but used Mary Kay Raspberry pencil as a base filling in the lip so lips are sealed for the night."


Thanks Ashunta!

No comments: