Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Beauty Tip Of The Week

"Applying Makeup for Your Face Shape"

Deep Set Eyes

I recently made up the CEO of the Georgia Lottery Corporation. She was mid-fifties with short blonde hair and blue eyes. She's a very attractive woman who wears very natural and close to no makeup at all. We were working on a commercial for the Georgia lottery so of course she needed to wear a little more makeup than she was used to. When I noticed her eyes, I knew what my next beauty tip would be. She had 'deep-set' eyes. I used a white eyeshadow allover her entire eye. On her lid and slightly into her crease, I applied a medium toned purple eyeshadow. I applied a dark brown gel eyeliner (Illusions Cosmetics gel liner in Chocalate) very close to her lashline and then I applied two coats of black mascara. Underneath her eye, I applied a medium brown colored pencil. It worked out perfectly without making her eyes appear too deep-set.

TIP: Avoid dark colors and apply a highlighter color to the brow bone to bring the eyes "forward". Steer clear of lining the 'inner' rim of the eyes as this will make them seem more recessed.

No comments: