Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscar & Red Carpet Looks Recap









Last nights Academy Awards were interesting, to say the least. I was happy about some wins and disappointed about others. But, the highlight of my night was when I saw Taraji P. Henson on the red carpet. She was Beautiful, Fabulous, and Glamorous all wrapped in one. Everything about her look was perfect. She didn't over do it with the makeup (she never does) and the bold jewelry made the right statement - 'Look at me, I'm here.' But, she wasn't alone. Standing with Taraji and nominated in the same category was the beautiful Viola Davis. Viola used as much color as she could get away with on her face and it WORKED!!! If you listened to the 'Beauty Talk With Illusions' Blog Talk Radio Show last Thursday, you would know why I am so happy about these ladies' look last night. They, along with Alicia Keys (Alicia's makeup artist was on my show) used color as most Women of Color should.
Be Beautiful & Blessed!!
Denise

No comments: